IICF Ohio Associate Board Volunteer Outing
Serving the Greater Cleveland Depository
About This Campaign
About the Greater Cleveland Food Bank:
The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having served more than 350,000 people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties in 2019.
Throughout Northeast Ohio, one in six people is food insecure – meaning they may not know where their next meal will come from. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank seeks to bridge the meal gap, connecting individuals with the nutritious meals they need to succeed.
Link to Volunteer Guidelines & Safety Practices: https://www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org/files/assets/gcfbvolunteerrequirements.pdf
Location / Venue
- Add to Calendar
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- 15500 South Waterloo Road
- Cleveland, OH 44110
- Aug 13, 2020 12:00 pm to
- Aug 13, 2020 05:00 pm
Campaign to Support Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) is a unique nonprofit that unites the collective strengths of the insurance industry to help communities and enrich lives through grants, volunteer service and leadership. Established in 1994, IICF has served as the philanthropic foundation of the insurance industry for more than twenty-five years, contributing $40 million in community grants along with 300,000 volunteer hours by more than 110,000 industry professionals. IICF reinvests locally where funds are raised, serving hundreds of charities and nonprofit organizations, for maximum community impact. IICF is a registered nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Learn more at http://iicf.org or follow us on Twitter @doubleicf
Registration will involve an electronic check-in process that will require volunteers to have their own cell phone to input data to a web-based platform. No personal data will be stored on anyone's phone, but on the website itself. Portable chargers will be available for volunteers. Clients will be instructed to keep their windows/doors closed at all times to ensure social distancing.
Traffic direction will involve directing incoming cars to specified check points in the lot. We will have volunteers stationed at both the beginning and end of the registration check point, with one group allowing cars into the registration area, and another group directing cars from the registration point to the loading area.
Vehicle loading will involve loading boxes of food into the trunks of client's vehicles. Each box will weigh 20 pounds or more. During this process, the clients will remain in their vehicles with their windows up. In the month of July, volunteers will be assisting with this duty alongside the National Guard.
We are unable to guarantee specific volunteer duties for the shift.
All interested volunteers should note the following:
- Volunteers must be 18 or older in order to participate.
- Volunteers will need to arrive by 12:30 pm in order to enter the lot, park, and report to the volunteer check-in station. If traffic is backed up, you can let the closest police officer know that you are volunteering and they will be able to assist you to the parking area.
- Volunteers will have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Closed-toe/Closed-heel footwear is required.
- Masks will be distributed to all volunteers, and are required to be worn. Volunteers that do not wear their masks will be asked to leave.
- Volunteers will be on their feet and outdoors for the duration of the shift and will need to plan/dress accordingly.
- Social distancing practices will be enforced, and volunteers will be required to maintain at least six feet of distance between themselves and other individuals at all times.
- Volunteers will be encouraged to take breaks as needed.
- We recommend bringing snacks and a water bottle to keep near your station or in your vehicle so that you have them on hand if needed.
We will plan to follow up with all volunteers prior to the day of the shift to confirm the details above and to answer any questions that come up.